Utilities sector companies must follow directions and regulations and must invest in cleaner energy sources, optimize assets and client interaction and capture value from the digital disruption. Improving operational efficiencies and adapting product portfolios to align with new and future trends is a challenging environment.
Low oil prices have led to limited exploration and production in Oil and Gas and impacted the revenues of traditional producers. Attention is increasingly turning to renewable sources like wind and solar, with support of Energy Storage Systems. At the same time, nuclear investments are increasing across the globe – both in terms of new installations and the huge potential market in decommissioning. Meanwhile, digital transformation is disrupting the entire energy value chain and challenging players to improve performance and generate new revenue streams.
Foxconn is undergoing a transformation too and offers its own approach for its partners.
Foxconn DRC provides tailored IoT Cloud platform with overall analytics services and solutions. This helps customers to transform data into new revenue streams and boost industrial performance:
- Energy Storage Systems (containers, rack solutions, scalable configurations from kW-sized units up to 2MW power supply)
- Power Balancing (management of charging, discharging)
- Power Cloud and Virtual Plants solution
- Smart Grids and Electric Grid Asset Management
- Analytics services, particularly to improve efficiency of drilling operations for Utility Industry
- Foxconn DRC is a member of SHAR-Q Project (defining standard in Energy Storage Capacity, sponsored by EU)