About Us - Foxconn Design and Research Center
Foxconn is the world’s largest contract electronics manufacturer and the fourth-largest information technology company by revenue. It is the largest private employer in China and one of the largest employers worldwide, with more than 1,3 mil. employees. Foxconn is primarily a contract manufacturer; its clients include major American, Canadian, European, Chinese, Finnish, Japanese and other global electronics and information technology companies and leaders.
Foxconn DRC (Design and Research Center, with the European HQ in Prague, CZ) supports customers and enables digital transformation by providing first-hand customer experience, professional business efficiency and legitimate insight to enterprises and technology providers through the use of cutting-edge technologies: the internet of things, big data analytics, cloud computing, mobility, security, unified communications, and more.
These highly trained Foxconn teams of professionals, experienced in product development engineering, have qualified their state-of-the-art laboratories and personnel according to product certification authorities in the United States, Europe, Pacific Rim and emerging global markets. Foxconn is unique in having the talent and resources to be able to provide a wide range of comprehensive design services to customers and with support and services by a global team of engineers (20.000+). And now Foxconn DRC is serving customers with the aim to operate their business and deliver in the regions of Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Our service offer ranges from software (embedded, application, mobile, enterprise, cloud) to hardware development. The goal is to support EMEA customers ́ R&D needs directly from the same region. We are exclusively oriented towards B2B business. We collaborate with System Integrators, Consultants/Advisors and Partners on common visions of Enabling Smart Solutions Concepts, IoT Solutions, Automotive and Utilities.
- Embedded Software solutions
- Mobile app development
- Enterprise Software solutions
- Internet of Things (add value on sensors with emb. systems)
- (Power) Cloud and Big Data Solutions
- Customer applications, Back-End e-Business Solutions
Design Services to develop, produce, upgrade or enhance hardware:
- Mechanical engineering
- Mechanical enclosure design
- Component design
- Customer centric design services
- Hardware and Software prototyping
- Production planning and support
The areas of focus for product development are among others:
- Smart Energy Solutions (developing Power Storage Containers, Smart Lamps, Power Cloud)
- Automotive solutions (Embedded Solutions, Car Sharing, EV Charging Station, Smart Keys)
- Smart Home Automation Solutions (Own Smart Gateway to be flexibly defined by partners for their customer)